Sunday, July 18, 2010

Packing up, selling off, tossing out

I never realized how much crap we've accumulated until I've started trying to empty this place out. It doesn't seem like I've gotten anything done. But I swear this stuff is multiplying as I go.

Where did all these clothes come from?

Did we even remember having this stuff?

Why did we hold on to so many of these things?

I just hope it gets easier as more stuff makes it's way out the door.


I swear I could outfit at least 3 size 4 girls properly for winter. So much of this stuff is practically brand new. I vaguely remember going on shopping sprees January and February 2009. For some reason I thought spending god awful amounts of money at Old Navy would make my problems go away. And now all of this stuff needs to go away. And all these clothes will be marked next to nothing. ...sigh...

I've already managed to fill a laundry basket full of Jason's clothes. And you can't even tell. Not that I want to change him, just that most of these clothes aren't him. But I guess it's also that if I'm the one looking at him, I want to be the one deciding what he wears.

I'm dreading the most going through the kitchen stuff. We went through boxes not that long ago and found stuff that was still in the packaging that had never been used. That's not counting the boxes of stuff we gave away in LA. Such a waste really. But hopefully by starting fresh we'll start cooking more often again.


I've got to do something about all the distractions though. I could get so much more done without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment