Thursday, April 21, 2011

A few things I enjoy...

Clean laundry. Even though getting it put up is a whole different story. I HAVE to have white plastic hangers. Jason could care less, so he gets all the reject hangers. Then you have the girls... They have to have the small hangers. And I've bought a few of the wrong brand so not only do they not match, but they don't fit right on the bar thing in the closet. And THEN all the clothes have to hang a certain way. Poor Jason just can't win when he tries to help with the laundry. (That's okay though because as long as he does dishes even occasionally, it more than makes up for it.)

A good book. But since I can't really decide which genre I like the best, it's hard to pick and choose. I will have to say that The Mercy of Thin Air by Ronlyn Domingue is one of my favorites. And I can't even really put a finger on why that is.


A good burger. This always seems to surprise people. With as small as I am, I very much enjoy my food. To me, a good burger needs to have any of this: a good sauce (Jack Daniels is a favorite, BBQ...), avocado, red onions, no ketchup (can't stand it, won't eat it), a good bun (not to thick, not to tough, Publix makes a good French bun that is fantastic lightly toasted with a little bit of butter on the cut sides).

Being able to figure things out without having to pay someone. Between Jason and I, there's not much we can't do on our own. I've even started making hairbows for the girls. Which saves a ton. I'd known how much they cost but never really paid attention. Makes a huge difference when I can make 4 or 5 for less than $3. It about killed me the other day when Jason paid $66 for an oil change for my car. If he'd had time and the tools up here, I doubt it would have cost near that much. He's even installed the HVAC stuff for the houses up here. Well, still waiting on mine.

Pictures on the walls. I could probably go a bit overboard with this. But I'm not overly sure I care. I like being able to see my kids on the wall and how they've grown. We have a bunch up already and I have 2 more stacks to go. And that doesn't even count the ones of Audrey as a baby that won't even go up. (Ugh.) And then I keep taking them to have more pictures taken. Then I print out pictures I like that I've taken. I need bigger walls. But also, putting pictures up on the walls covers up the ugly beige paint. I've spread my military stuff to the kitchen to cover up the nasty green.

Lipgloss. How crazy is it that I enjoy lipgloss? I'm so not girly. But I like that it covers and holds better than a chapstick. I found the ELF brand online for super cheap and then had a credit to the site. They ended up being free and all I had to pay was $.99 shipping for both 2-in-1's (and 2 packs of baby spoons).

Cute boots. Too bad we live in Georgia and boots aren't practical year round. I found the cutest pair at Sears this past winter. Wedge heel, suede, fur around the top, buckles across the laces, and zipped up the side. They were so cute with my leggings. I kind of wish the 90's grunge would come back along with Docs.

Good tennis shoes. I guess I've always underestimated the importance of a good pair of shoes. Or at least keeping up with them. I'm one of those where I buy a pair of shoes and then just keep them. This caught up with me recently. I settled for a cheap pair of shoes when Jason took me shopping. (Let it be known that I'm the one that picked them. He wasn't satisfied with them but paid for them anyways. I just hate shoe shopping so I grabbed them in a hurry.) They fit great for a while. But then I realized just how uncomfortable they'd become and how bad my knees and legs had been hurting. So Jason sent me shoe shopping the other day. I took my time and knew that money wasn't really an issue. Got me a pretty pair of Saucony. I love my new shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment