Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday...

So someone made a stupid comment to me about being Jason's second wife. And your point? At the end of the day, I'm *the* wife. I'm his emergency contact, beneficiary, all that good stuff. It doesn't matter. I could be his 3rd or 4th or 10th wife. I'm still the wife. Ex-wives really don't matter. And the overly stupid thing, is this person didn't even know he was married before me. Almost all of the people we deal with on a daily basis know of only me. Do people really have that little to do these days?


I have found a preschool to send Audrey to this fall. $285 a month. Monday through Friday 9-12. Monday through Thursday, 12-1. It is a church preschool. I'm not a religious person. But I do think she needs some sort of religious teaching. My beliefs are a story for another day. And I do think that I can teach Audrey and expose her to more things than a preschool can. But I need a break for a few hours a day. It's not a long enough time frame for me to find a job, but I need my sanity. And maybe it'll refresh me enough to where I can have the energy to get back into having the heart in teaching her. I mean, from 1 until bedtime that still gives us lots of time for adventures.


I'm pretty upset. All I have left of my garden: Morning glories, beans, squash, 1 of my types of marigolds, and 2 other types that I can't think of right now. Stupid squirrel and birds. But the morning glories are going crazy on the balcony. I do hope they bloom.


A week from tomorrow we'll be packing up to head out. I'm making list after list after list. And I know we're going to forget something important.


We've managed to move up from a full size bed to a California King. Oh. My. God. I haven't slept so great in years. Even though Jason says there's too much room in the bed and that it's harder for him to get as close to me (cause we have SO much room to spread out and still not bump into each other), I know he's enjoying sleeping in a huge bed too. And nice new microfiber sheets and a cute new quilt. (I am sad to have to pack up the pretty comforter I bought right after we moved in.) Oh no. What are we going to do on vacation? I think the hotel has queen size beds.


I officially hate the Statham/Winder area. Driving down to Rickey and Donnie's yesterday down 29. Something comes out of nowhere and hits my windshield. No one was cutting grass and the only other car on the road was a Cavalier. And it was a good bit ahead of us. By the time we got from right past 211 into their driveway it had cracked to about 6 inches and was headed back up. Fortunately I'm married to a super handy fixer guy. 3 window repair kits later... It seems to be fixed for now. I guess I'll see how it looks now that it's been hot, rained, cooled off a bit, and is now getting hot again. As long as it holds up to Louisiana...


I have had random songs stuck in my head lately. Ah... The soundtrack of my life... That's something to sit down and figure out.


Got to love Jason. Seems we're having Mexican for dinner. His suggestion. For him to have come into this relationship hating Mexican and most seafood, he's doing pretty good these days with that being what he wants. Now. Can I get him to eat crawfish??? I got him to eat sushi...


But right now both girls are asleep so we'll let them sleep. Gives him a chance to rest from work and me to get cleaned up a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe...Johnny never touched seafood before we were married and now he asks for it most of the time!

    I didn't know Jason hated Mexican food!! GASP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. But he's always gone with me when I wanted it and ordered something like steak or taco salad. Now it's to the point where he's the one who suggests it. And he orders actual food. Even queso with jalapenos. It was a pretty touchy subject at the start. He even cooks Mexican some times. You know how that goes... But he's completely changed. He says he's with better company now so things taste different and better. Whatever works.

    But we ended up at Johnny's Pizza last night. When you can just walk down the street, it's much more convenient. We just put Amelia in the stroller and walked down to the red light and crossed the street. Their mini garlic knots are so good. How have I never had them before now?! Audrey was fighting me for them. Super garlicky though. I can still taste the garlic this morning. The spinach salad was good too. Just could have used half the bacon and twice the mozzarella and tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete