Thursday, June 3, 2010

The time is flying past me!

It's already June. Holy crap. Where has my year gone?

I can't believe Amelia will be 4 months in a few weeks. She's growing like crazy. It seems like I cry every time I do her laundry. Another cute outfit outgrown. I will never understand baby sizes. We're in 6 month Carter's sunsuits, 3-6 month Gerber onesies, and mostly 0-3 sleepers of all brands. I feel like I'm constantly having to exchange never been worn outfits for bigger sizes. But she's doing so good. She's holding her head up, pushing up on her hands, rolling over, sitting up in her Bumbo, bouncing in her Johnny Jump Up. We should be getting ready to start her on cereal soon. And I think we're starting teethe. Drool is everywhere. Everything goes straight to her mouth. And when the crankiness starts, Orajel calms her down. My baby's growing up!

Audrey. Silly Audrey. I never know what to say about her. You just have to see her to understand. I guess it's kind of my fault for raising her around so many grown-ups. I feel a little guilty that I have to spend so much one-on-one time with Amelia that she gets a little left out sometimes. But I try to explain to her that she's my big girl so she gets to do things with me that Amelia doesn't. (Shopping, sharing my french fries, watching tv...)

Jason and I had our anniversary last month. Mother's Day weekend. Well I screwed myself on that date! Do you get me 2 presents-Anniversary and Mother's Day? Or do you get me 1 present for both? He's going to have to figure that one out! But he did so good. He went to work and Amelia and I went shopping. When he got off work, we went out to dinner. Sushi. And he got me a beautiful necklace. It was a drop-style necklace. 3 little diamonds (one for each kid) leading down to 2 hearts with diamonds. Really pretty. Pictures are on my Facebook. Impressive for someone who doesn't buy jewelry.

We thought we might get to move sometime soon. He had some friends trying to buy an apartment complex. We would have moved over there and taken over maintenance. But the bidding went too high too fast. So we're staying here. Happy that I don't have to move, but... I was looking forward to a change of scenery. I'm really not used to living in one place too long. Even if it's just a move across town.

We're getting ready for our trip to Louisiana this month. Leaving Father's Day night. I'm ready to go. Makes me a little sad though. I miss my friends out there. But we've been working on a list of where to go, what to eat.
Monjuni's on Louisiana Ave.
Strawn's Eat Shop across from Centenary
Shane's Acadiana on Youree
Southfield Grill on Youree
Gerald's on Kings Hwy.
Bodacious BBQ on Barksdale Blvd.
Texas Roadhouse on Gould
Laysone's in Natchitoches
Eat turtles at the Boardwalk
Go to the alligator park

So I've started gardening. Of sorts. Jason made me some cedar boxes that I've planted in. And I have some plastic tubs with stuff in. My Fuchsias in my hanging boxes are getting eaten by something even though I've Sevin dusted them. The birds and that stupid squirrel have been digging and stepping on some stuff. But I will have to say that my squash, beans, and morning glories are doing fantastic. Jason's mom had given him some gardening books a long time ago. So I've been pouring over those to get some hints and ideas. I do think we're going to start a carnivorous garden as well. I'm so sick of bugs. Maybe those would help. I go through mosquito coils and Body Dew like crazy when I work out there.

We're starting to look for me a new car. The minivan has to go. Not that anything is wrong with it. It's just a minivan. And I'm so not a minivan person. If I could find another Explorer Sport like I had, I'd snatch it up in an instant. 4 seats is all I really need. (If we have more kids it will have to be when Audrey starts school and that's a few years away.) I refuse to go back to a car though. I felt so unsafe when I had the Focus and the Galant. (Even though I did like the Galant.) Plans are kind of that I would sell the minivan, take over the Trooper, Jason would drive the Camry, and then after we get our tax return we would buy me a new car. Having a plan for February gives us a goal and a countdown to saving money. (Once we get this vacation out of the way.)

I've always laughed at people who do this. But it makes sense. We've got a 5 gallon water jug. And we've started emptying our pockets into it every time we walk past it. Singles and coins mostly. We counted it the other night. After only about a month of doing that, we're into 3 digits. Pretty impressive. And my bag is much lighter now. But for now that's our vacation fund. Soon it'll be my car fund. Or whatever else we deem it. Maybe we can use it to start saving up for another vacation...

I will be so ready to get back from Louisiana. Yard sale time!! It's been made official. We're downsizing. Almost all of our kitchen stuff is going. (We'll replace it with one nice set of everything.) Random pieces of furniture will be going. I will also be cleaning out the closets. Time to get rid of some clothes. Let's face it. Those pants won't fit again. Audrey has more toys than we know what to do with. Some are brand new, still in the packaging, taking up room in the closets. As much as I love my books, there are more than a few that I've read as many times as I'll ever read them. Time to clean house!

Pure Romance is picking back up. I'm still not really able to do parties. But the orders are starting to come back in again. And that's always a good thing. Right now I'm just trying to clear out the inventory I have so I can start over fresh. So many new things are coming out and I want them. But I don't have room for them. So it's out with the old and in with the new. (So if anyone wants anything, let me know!) And I know Jason would appreciate me clearing out that corner of boxes.

And now I need to go. My Audrey is doing jumping jacks in the middle of the living room. No jumping, running, or yelling in the house. I see some quality corner time in her future...

No comments:

Post a Comment