Sunday, February 20, 2011

My baby is 1

I'm still not so sure how I feel about this...

Amelia is 1.

She's standing on her own.

She's trying to walk.

She's starting to talk.

I miss my baby. Not that I want to go through the middle of the night feedings and the complete helplessness again...

It's just that she's it. No more to follow. (At least that's the plan.)

Her party went off somewhat smoothly.

We had to invite the hoodlum kids next door. It's rude not to. But what pissed me off is when THEY started inviting people. To MY kid's party. And then when everyone left, they came back and asked for "candy bags." NO.

But Amelia did so good. Even though she missed part of her nap, she was happy and smiling. She had a blast with the smash cake. Until she rubbed icing in her eyes.

I've been so lucky. Every birthday party we've had has had fantastic weather. And yesterday, middle of February, we had 70 degree weather.

It was interesting having a party at my house though. Never done that. They're usually at Mom's. And of course, we still have the nasty green kitchen and bathroom paint (with the oh so lovely coordinating stripes in the kitchen), the torn up floor in the kitchen, the stained up bathroom floor, the rips in the carpet. But that's okay. Not like we caused that. They just haven't gotten around to ripping apart our house yet. And Jason got to show off his toys. So I know he loved that.

Amelia got some pretty good stuff. Push toys, riding toys, books, clothes, sunglasses...

I'm so excited so many people drove all the way out. We did miss our friends who weren't able to make it. But with so much crud going around, it's okay. We understand and would rather the crud stay there than migrate to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment